- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Brioche Recipe
|Strong plain flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Fresh yeast/2 level teaspoons dried yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.1 mg
Sodium 200.7 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 9 g17%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 3% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 450°F, 230°C or Gas No. 8
2) In a mixing basin sieve flour and salt.
3) Add sugar and mix.
4) In a bowl add water and dissolve yeast in it.
5) To dissolve dried yeast dissolve 1/2 level teaspoon castor sugar in lukewarm water and sprinkle yeast over it.
6) Let stand until mixture is frothy.
7) Mix lightly-mixed eggs and melted butter.
8) Knead into a soft dough.
9) Put in a clean working surface and knead into a smooth dough for about 5 minutes.
10) Shape into a ball and put the dough back into the basin.
11) Keep in a large polythene bag and set aside at room temperature for about 1/2-1 hour.
12) Grease twelve brioche tins or twelve deep bun tins.
13) Take out the risen dough and on a lightly-floured working surface and flatten firmly.
14) Separate into four equal parts and divide each of pieces into three equal parts.
15) With the palm of the hand use three-quarters of each piece to form a ball.
16) Lightly dust the palm of the hand with flour and press down dough firmly and then ease up.
17) Put the dough in a prepared tin.
18) With the thumb create a hole in the centre.
19) Put the remaining pieces as a knob in the centre brioche tins on a baking tray, cover and let rise for about 1 hour in a warm place.
20) Baste risen brioche with egg glaze made by mixing egg, water and a pinch of sugar.
21) Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
22) Serve hot with butter.