- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brinjal/Eggplant Chips in Microwave Recipe Video
|Eggplant||1 Large, thinly sliced (6 - 7 small ones)|
|Oil spray||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 38 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.18 g0.92%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 498.5 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a microwave safe plate with parchment paper and spay some oil.
2. Clean and slice your eggplant into thin slices.
3. Line up the slices with enough space in between for a thorough cooking.
4. Season with salt and pepper and spray a little oil on top.
5. Cook for about 8 to 12 minutes according the setting of your microwave.
6. Enjoy with evening tea or side it up with rice. It goes great with curd rice.
Slice the eggplant as you progress with the cooking. Do not slice up the whole thing to begin with, as they tend to turn brown when in contact with air.