- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brewmaster's Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
|Yellow cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package, 2 Layer Size)|
|Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Small Package)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Poppy seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 773 Calories from Fat 356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62.2%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.1 mg
Sodium 702.2 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 58.5 g
Protein 9 g18.8%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 350°F
2) In an electric mixer bowl put cake mix, dry pudding, eggs, beer, oil, and poppy seed.
3) Blend the mixture first on low speed and then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4) Grease and flour 10-inch Bund or tube pan.
5) Pour the mixture in it.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes till done.
7) Let stand for 15 minutes to cool.
8) Place on rack.
9) Prepare the glaze, boiling ingredients in a saucepan for 5 minutes.
10) Prick the cake with skewers.
11) Baste with warm glaze over top and sides.
12) Cool the mixture.
13) Serve the cake sliced with sifted confectioners' sugar sifted on top.