- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breast of Turkey Mousse Recipe
|Turkey breast||4 Pound|
|Celery||1 , cut up|
|Carrots||2 Medium, pared and sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned condensed chicken broth||21 1⁄2 Ounce (undiluted, 2 cans, 10 3/4 oz each)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 envelope)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped (plus extra for garnish)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 632 Calories from Fat 348
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.3%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.9 mg
Sodium 997.4 mg41.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 53 g106.1%
Vitamin A 62.3% Vitamin C 43.6%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the turkey breast.
2) In a 6-quart kettle add celery, carrot, quartered onion, salt, bay leaf, peppercorns, white wine and chicken broth.
3) Boil the mixture, decrease heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
4) Drain out turkey from broth to bowl. Keep aside to cool.
5) In 1/2 cup water in glass measuring cup dissolve gelatin. Let stand till soft.
6) Strain the broth and remove the vegetables. Measure to 4 cups.
7) Decrease heat and skim off fat.
8) Put the broth into kettle. Mix tarragon, grated onion and softened gelatin.
9) Boil and stir the mixture until gelatine is dissolved.
10) Transfer into a medium bowl and put it in bowl of ice cubes. Let stand for 20 minutes and stir occasionally.
11) Remove turkey from bones and cut into 1/2-inch cubes measuring 6 cups. Keep aside the rest.
12) Mix chilled gelatine mixture with turkey, parsley, chopped red and green pepper and mayonnaise.
13) Using a wire whisk combine well.
14) Transfer into a 3-quart decorative mold or bowl.
15) Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
16) Run a small spatula around edge of mold.
17) Invert onto a chilled serving plate.
18) Put a hot, damp dishcloth over mold and shake gently to release. Repeat if necessary to lift off mold.
19) Garnish with a red-pepper star.