- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Breakfast Casserole Recipe Video
|Ground sausage||1 Pound (Hot / Mild)|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 736 Calories from Fat 301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 491 mg
Sodium 1972.1 mg82.2%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.2%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 54 g108.9%
Vitamin A 35.7% Vitamin C 39.8%
Calcium 61.4% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) In a pan, add the ground sausage meat, then break into few pieces and cook until brown.
3) Chop the green part of the green onions and the bell pepper.
4) In another small pan, saute the bell pepper.
5) In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs, add milk, mustard, pepper, salt and whisk the mixture.
6) Drain and spread the sausage meat over the bread, then the bell peppers and the green onion, a generous layer of the cheese and pour the egg mixture evenly into the casserole.
7) Cover with a foil and place in the refrigerator for atleast 4 hours or preferably overnight.
8) Place in the preheated oven at 350 Degree F for 40-45 minutes until an inserted pick comes out clean.