- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breakfast Tacos Recipe Video
|Low fat milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Salsa||1 Tablespoon (mild or medium)|
|Cheese||2 Tablespoon, shredded (cabot jalapeno cheese)|
|Non stick cooking spray||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.5 mg
Sodium 403.1 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2. In a small bowl, add milk, and egg. Whisk.
3. Place a pan on medium high heat, grease it with non-stick cooking spray, and pout egg mixture in it. Cook it in scrambled fashion.
4. Drop salsa, mix and let it warm through.
5. Fold tortilla in half. Spoon egg mixture in it.
6. Top it with cheese, and place it on a greased baking sheet.
7. Pop it in oven, and bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese melts and the edge is crispy.
8. Serve breakfast taco with tomato sauce.
You can also cook egg in microwave. To do so, mix egg and milk in a bowl. Pour mixture into a greased oven proof dish. Pop it in microwave on high for a minute. Remove from oven and stir well. Repeat, and continue cooking at one minute interval until done.