- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breakfast Rolls Recipe
|Strong whole meal flour||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Strong wholemeal flour||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Water||9 Fluid Ounce (255 Milliliter)|
|Raw cane sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar in the raw||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Low fat milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable fat||4 Ounce|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2776 Calories from Fat 1024
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g178.3%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.9 mg
Sodium 1605.3 mg66.9%
Total Carbohydrates 349 g116.4%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.7%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 67 g133.8%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 126.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Crumble the yeast into a third of the water
2. Stir until the yeast is well mixed with the water.
3. Reserve one tablespoon of the flour for later use
4. Gently heat the water to 80°F/27°C
5. Grease a baking tray with the vegetable fat and set aside
6. Place the flour on a pastry board.
7. Make a well in the center
8. Pour the yeast mix into the well and sprinkle with the reserved flour, the sugar and the milk powder.
9. Leave to ferment for 12 minutes, by which time the yeast mixture should be slightly bubbly.
10. Add the heated water to the yeast mixture and gradually blend well
11. Draw all the flour into the water and knead the dough well to form a pliable dough ball
12. Cover the dough with an inverted bowl and set aside in a warm place to proove for 40 minutes
13. When the dough has rested and risen for 40 minutes, knead the dough again.
14. Reshape it into a ball, and scatter the top with half the vegetable fat, cut into small pieces.
15. Leave the dough to rise again for 10 minutes,
16. Knead again to mix the fat into the dough.
17. Shape into a ball again and sprinkle the top of the dough with the salt.
18. Shape the dough into roll
19. Divide the dough into 18 equal-sized pieces. Roll each one into a neat ball.
20. Arrange the rolls on the baking tray.
21. Brush the rolls with a little milk and then leave them to prove for a further 20 to 25 minutes in a warm place.
22. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C (Gas Mark 7) and bake the rolls on the middle shelf for 15 to 20 minutes.
23. Serve warm or cold with fresh French butter and jam
Dough temperature just before baking should be between 78-84°F/25-29°C.