- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breakfast Raisin Turnover Recipe
|For the fruit filling|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|For the dough for turnover|
|Puffed rice||3⁄4 Ounce|
|Reduced-calorie margarine||2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 0.31 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.6 mg
Sodium 73.2 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 18.5 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) Take a small saucepan and dissolve arrowroot in lemon juice in it for the filling.
3) Mix in raisins and stir cook the mixture for about 1 minute over low heat until it becomes hot and thickened.
4) Take off the pan from heat and set aside.
5) For the dough, take a work bowl of food processor or blender container and process cereal in it until it reaches the consistency of flour.
6) Remove the processed cereal to a small bowl.
7) Cut in margarine using a pastry blender, or 2 knives used scissor-fashion, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
8) Stir in water using a fork until mixture leaves sides of bowl.
9) Figure the dough into a ball.
10) Roll dough into a circle between 2 sheets of wax paper, 5 inches in diameter.
11) Take off the top sheet of wax paper and top with fruit filling over half of dough.
12) Fold remaining half of dough over fruit carefully and crimp the edges.
13) Take a non-stick baking sheet and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
14) Remove wax paper from bottom of turnover and remove it to the prepared sheet.
15) Bake the turnover for about 20 minutes until crisp on bottom.
16) Turn it and again bake for 10 minutes longer.
17) Serve at once.