- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breakfast Raisin Muffins Recipe
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.6 mg
Sodium 121.9 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.78%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a pan boil water, add raisins and boil again.
3. Decrease heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Drain out the raisins and reserve the liquid.
5. Add water to measure 1/2 cup.
6. Dissolve soda in liquid.
7. In a bowl mix 4 ingredients and add raisins.
8. Create a well at the center of the mixture.
9. In a separate bowl mix oil, egg, and soda mixture.
10. Add it to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
11. Grease muffin pans.
12. Spoon the batter into it filling unto two-thirds.
13. Serve for breakfast.