- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breakfast Omelette Recipe
|Longhorn cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated or sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Green chiles||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced or sliced|
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 430.6 mg
Sodium 256.7 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.3%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 38.7%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 12" skillet, heat oil or shortening. Add in onions and saute till they turn soft.
2) In a large bowl, whip up the eggs, one by one, till light and frothy.
3) Add in the onions into the eggs. Season with salt, pepper garlic powder and green chiles. Mix well.
4) Pour the egg mixture onto the skillet, and swirl it to cover the surface evenly. Sprinkle chopped sausage or bacon, if desired. Sprinkle chopped tomatoes on top.
5) Flip the omelete when the sides can be easily lifted with a spatula. Cook the underside till firm.
6) Using the edge of the spatula, divide the omelete into four quarters, flipping each over one by one.
7) Cover the skillet, turn down the flame to avoid burning, and continue cooking.
8) The omelete is done when browned from the outside on both sides and soft inside.
9) Sprinkle a generous amount of grated cheese over the hot omelete before serve.