- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breakfast for Kids - Egg in the Hole Recipe Video
|Whole wheat bread slices||2 Large|
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.6 mg75.9%
Sodium 555.9 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 11 g22.3%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a cookie cutter, press out the center of the pieces of bread reserving the cut out.
2. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
3. Add the pieces of bread and the center cut outs to the pan.
4. Break 1 egg into each cutout, sprinkle with salt to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Flip the bread gently and cook to desired doneness (2-3 minutes total for runny eggs and 5 minutes total for firm eggs).
6. Serve each piece of bread with the cut out.