- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breakfast Apple Rings Recipe
|Tart eating apples||6|
|White sugar/Brown sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 1.8 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 29.8 g
Protein 0.18 g0.35%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 351.6%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 0.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the apples well before coring them using a fruit corer.
2. Slice the apples into ½ inch thick rings
3. Preheat the broiler.
4. Combine sugar and cinnamon
5. Arrange apple rings on a cookie sheet
6. Brush each with melted butter
7. Generously sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar.
8. Broil for about 5 minutes, until golden brown on one side.
9. Flip rings over with a spatula, brush again with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
10. Broil for another 5 minutes until golden
11. Serve the apple rings hot as a side dish