- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breading Tips Using Dehydrated Instant Potatoes Recipe Video
|Dehydrated potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 , beat until frothy|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.4 mg
Sodium 350.8 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 42.7%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean and dry the scallops on linen until as dry as possible.
2. Set up a bowl with the egg whites and another with the dehydrated potato.
3. Season the scallop with salt and pepper, dip into the egg white and then dip the same side into the dehydrated Idaho potato to form a crust.
4. Bring a sauté pan up to medium high temperature; add in the oil and heat.
5. Place the scallops, potato side down. When the potato looks golden brown around the edges, turn the scallop over and allow to cook on other side.
6. Remove the scallops from sauté pan and set aside.
7. Serve with steamed fresh spinach and top with red pepper mix.