- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breaded Cod Fillets Recipe
|Cod fillets||2 Pound|
|Dry bread crumbs/1/2 cup - packaged seasoned coating mix for fish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1565 Calories from Fat 754
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g131.5%
Saturated Fat 49.3 g246.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 795.2 mg
Sodium 2705 mg112.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 172 g344.7%
Vitamin A 65.6% Vitamin C 43.9%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 33.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and rinse the fillets in cold water, season with salt and pepper, pat dry and cut into cube sized pieces.
2. In pie plate, beat egg with a fork until mixed.
3. On waxed paper, mix crumbs with any flavorings that you want. .
4. Dip fish in egg, to moisten both sides; then dip in crumbs, to coat well.
5. In large skillet, heat butter until it sizzles. Add fish pieces in a single layer. Sauté over medium heat until underside is golden-brown. This will take about 5 minutes per piece.
6. Turn with spatula; sauté 5 minutes longer, to brown other side and until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove to heated serving platter.
7. Garnish with parsley and wedges of lemon and serve with Tartar Sauce.