- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Breaded Chicken Rolls with Peppermint Sauce Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||600 Gram, slit lengthwise|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Porsciutto ham||250 Gram|
|Frozen spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||1 Pinch|
|Buffalo mozzarella cheese/Provolone cheese||300 Gram|
|Olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (for frying)|
|For the coating|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|For the sauce|
|Peppermint leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chop|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 746 Calories from Fat 472
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.7%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.5 mg
Sodium 1855.5 mg77.3%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 52 g103.9%
Vitamin A 76.8% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedElectric skillet
wooden / glass pestel
1. Clean and pound the chicken breast and keep it aside.
2. Chop the garlic and spinach, keep in separate bowl, beat the eggs, dice the tomatoes.
3. In a bowl combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, chopped garlic and salt and pepper.
4. In a bowl combine the spinach, olive oil, salt and pepper, keep it aside until needed.
5. Take the chicken breast dip it in the olive oil which has been seasoned with garlic salt, coat them well.
6. Then place the porsciutto ham followed by the prepared spinach, finally a slice of mozzarella cheese.
7. Roll the chicken breast and seal the edges with a toothpick.
8. In a large skillet heat olive oil.
9. Once the chickens are done, roll it in the beaten egg and coat it with the breadcrumbs mixture.
10. Once done place the rolled chicken in the hot skillet and sauté them for 4 minutes on each side or until they are brown and cooked.
11. In a wooden or glass pestel, pound the peppermint, garlic, olive oil, chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper, water and lemon juice.
12. Once done keep the sauce aside in a serving dish.
13. Remove the fried chicken and place it in a serving plate.
14. Serve the Fried Breaded Chicken Rolls along with Peppermint Tomato Sauce.