- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breaded Chicken Paties Recipe
|Finely chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, divided|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), divided|
|Minced fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sandwich rolls||2 , split|
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.3 mg
Sodium 916.6 mg38.2%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 19 g37.8%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium saucepan heat 3 tablespoons butter and add onion and celery in it. Cook until tender.
2. Add flour and blend until smooth.
3. Pour 1 cup milk over it and mix well.
4. Boil the mixture, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Mix parsley, seasonings and chicken.
6. Take off from heat and chill until done.
7. Divide and use 1/3 cup mixture for each patties. Make six patties.
8. Dredge in the crumbs, dip in milk and roll again in crumbs.
9. In a skillet heat remaining butter and cook patties for 3 minutes on each side.
10. In a serving plate arrange lettuce and tomato.
11. Serve cooked patties on it.
12. Cover and freeze uncooked patties for 3 months.
13. To prepare frozen patties, in a skillet heat butter and cook patties for 5-6 minutes on each side.
14. Serve hot.