- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breaded Chicken Livers with Sauteed Onions Recipe
|Plain dried bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use 1/2 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken livers||12 Ounce|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 121 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.6 mg
Sodium 145.3 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 12 g24.1%
Vitamin A 131.5% Vitamin C 25%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 30.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In shallow dish,mix together bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2) Dip livers, 1 at a time, into buttermilk, then into crumb mixture.
3) Arrange them on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
4) Drizzle any remaining crumbs evenly all over livers.
5) Bake at 350°F. till lightly browned for about 15 to 20 minutes.
6) Allow the livers to bake.
7) Alternately,in a 9-inch nonstick skillet, heat margarine until hot and bubbly.
8) Now add onions and fry quickly until golden.
9) Serve the fried onions with breaded livers.