- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bread Pakora Recipe
|Ajwain||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Tymol Seeds)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Gram flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 668 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.7%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 454.4 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.8%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 14 g28.5%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 62.8%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 24.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix everything from Ajwain to Salt in a bowl. Add water slowly and keep on mixing it till the batter becomes smooth and thick.
3. Prepare the Stuffing:
4. Boil the potatoes either in Microwave or in a pressure cooker. Once boiled peel off the skin and cut into small 1/2" cubes.
5. Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Add the Garam Masala powder (for ingredient in GMP do a search for it in the recipe section), and fry it for 1/2 minute. Add the finely sliced onion and fry it till it is light brown.
6. Add grated ginger and garlic and fry it for 3 minutes. Add the turmeric and red chili powder and fry it on slow heat for 10 min.
7. Now add the boiled potato and fry it for another 5 minutes. Your stuffing is ready.
8. Prepare the Bread Pakora:
9. Heat the 1/2 cup oil in a frying pan. Take 2 triangular pieces of the bread and fill it with the potato stuffing. Dip it in the batter till it is entirely covered by the batter. Deep fry in the oil till for about 5 to 10 min. Remember to keep the oil in medium heat.
10. It is a very tasty snack and goes very well at tea time.