- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Bread And Butter Pudding Recipe Video
|White bread||6 Cubic Centimeter, cutting (buttered and cut into 1 inch cubes)|
|Eggs||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Sultanas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yeats organic country milk||250 Milliliter|
|Yeats organic country cream||250 Milliliter|
|Ginger powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Tia maria/Sherry or some fresh orange juice||1 Ounce|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.1 mg
Sodium 122.2 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 47.8 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the sultanas in tia maria or fresh orange juice.
2. Take a bowl, mix yeats organic milk and cream together.
3. Whisk together the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and ginger powder.
4. Add the soaked sultanas and mix well.
5. Grease an oven proof dish with melted butter and place the buttered bread cubes in the dish.
6. Pour the milk cream mixture over the bread cubes until it covers the bread evenly.
7. Spoon out the sultanas and place them evenly over the bread cubes.
8. Let the dish soak for 15 minutes.
9. Bake in a preheated moderate hot (375 degree F) oven for about 25 minutes or until nicely browned, where the bread cubes are risen almost like a souffle.
10. Scoop out the bread and butter pudding onto a dessert plate and pour some custard over the pudding before serving.
11. Accompany with fresh fruit salad if you like.
You can use half milk and half cream or whole cream for the liquid. For dieters whole milk is permissable.
You can soak the sultanans in orange juice if serving the dish to children.