- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bread Sauce Recipe
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Finely grated onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 63 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.8%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.1 mg3.4%
Sodium 221.8 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.26 g1%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 0.51%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small glass bowl, pour milk.
2) Now add onions and cloves.
3) Allow to boil on high heat in the microwave.
4) Reduce heat to "simmer" setting and continue cook for 2 more minutes.
5) Take out the cloves from the mixture.
6) Add required salt and pepper.
7) Next add the nutmeg.
8) Blend the mixture after adding butter and breadcrumbs.
9) Cook on “simmer” setting until hot enough.
10) The sauce can be served with roast turkey or as a dipping sauce for toasted bread.