- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Arabic Bread Pudding Recipe Video
|Low fat milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|French bread||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg substitute||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 756 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.7%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.6 mg
Sodium 1139.6 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 37 g74.8%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 31.8% Iron 41.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl mix milk, egg substitute, vanilla and sugar to prepare the custard.
2. Prepare the French bread by cutting it into small pieces and toasting it in the oven to a golden crisp.
3. At this point add the walnuts, add the cinnamon and you may add raisins too.
4. Pour the custard mix on top of the bread pieces and let stand for couple of hours in the fridge.
5. Butter the baking container and add a little sugar on the bottom of the baking pan to get a nice caramel color and taste on the top of the pudding once you flip it into a serving platter.
6. Ladle the pudding into the baking container.
7. Bake in the preheated oven and in a water bath or what is known by Bainmarie .
8. It should bake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 35-45 minutes or until the edges are brownish and the custard is set.
9. Serve as cool.
This video is a creation of summer. You can visit summer for complete recipes, and more videos.