- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bread Pudding Recipe
|White bread/Wholemeal bread||2 Ounce (500 Gram)|
|Mixed dried fruit||2 Ounce (500 Gram)|
|Mixed peel||3 Ounce, mixed (85 Gram)|
|Mixed spice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 Large, beaten|
|Muscovado sugar||5 Ounce|
|Butter||4 Ounce, melted|
|Demerara sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.1%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.1 mg
Sodium 151.8 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 35.9 g
Protein 10 g19%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
2. Use a 20cm non-stick square cake tin to bake the pudding in. Butter the pan and line it with greaseproof paper.
3. Tear the bread slices into large pieces and dump them into a mixing bowl.
4. To the same mixing bowl, add fruit, spices and peel and combine well.
5. Mix in milk and combine the mix with your fingertips till the bread is completely soft. Add eggs, muscovado and lemon zest to the mix and stir well. Set it aside for 15 minutes
6. Mix the melted butter into the pudding mixture and then pour the mix into the prepared baking tin.
7. Bake immediately for 1-1/2 hours till firm and golden. Cover with foil to control the browning process.
8. Remove from tin and strip off the paper.
9. Cut into squares and serve warm with jam or custard.