- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe
|Unsalted butter||50 Gram|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||50 Milliliter|
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.9%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 294.7 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly grease a deep baking dish and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
3. Spread butter on one side of each bread slice and cut them diagonally into triangles.
4. In the prepared baking dish, arrange a layer of bread slices, buttered side up, overlapping each other.
5. Sprinkle half of the raisins on the slices and sprinkle with cinnamon. Repeat the layers of bread slices and raisins again making sure that the top layer is of raisins.
6. In a saucepan heat the milk and cream together, do not boil.
7. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs along with vanilla essence and 3/4th of the sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
8. Gradually start pouring the milk in to the egg mixture whisking constantly until all the milk is incorporated.
9. Pour this egg and milk mixture over the bread slices in the baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining sugar on top. Set aside for a few minutes and allow the bread slices to soak in the milk and egg mixture.
10. Place in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Slice and serve as a dessert.