- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brazilian Seafood Stew Recipe Video
|Yellow onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm), finely chopped|
|Chives||4 , finely chopped|
|Scallions||2 , finely chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , diced|
|Yellow pepper||1 , diced|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cod||1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving sizes|
|Squid||4 , sliced into rings|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs) (A Handful)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Soy sauce||To Taste|
|Saffron||1 Pinch (Dissolved In 2 Tablespoons Of Boiling Water A Pinch)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 805 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 675.3 mg
Sodium 772.1 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 81 g161.4%
Vitamin A 51% Vitamin C 226.4%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 82.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clams & Mussels: Put them in an ice bath for 20 minutes with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
2. Corn: Cut into thirds, top with 2 cloves of minced garlic and pop into the oven for 20 minutes (oven at 375)
3. Cod & Shrimp: Marinate with soy sauce, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder – to taste
4. Saffron: Bring 2 tablespoons of water to a boil drop your saffron let the water color.
1. Sauté your onion and 4 cloves of garlic over medium heat (need about a tablespoon and half of extra virgin olive oil). 2. Once tender it’s time to introduce your mix of cilantro, chives and scallions (mix and let sauté for a minute).
3. Then toss in your chopped peppers and tomato paste.
4. Let the peppers get tender for 2 minutes then add in your vegetable broth, coconut milk, corn, habanero (whole) and then season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
5. Bring to a boil. Add your clams and mussels, cover the pot and bring to a simmer.
6. Give the mussels and clams 5 minutes covered up then add your cod, shrimp, squid and mushrooms for an additional 3 minutes.
7. Finally pour in your 2 tablespoons of saffron water, minus the threads of saffron. Give the stew one last stir.
8. Ladle into deep dish soup plates and serve to your guests who are going to LOVE THIS!
If you’re a fan of soup and a fan of seafood then there is no reason not to make this. The flavor, texture and seafood variety allow this dish to have an attitude. Make it and then please tell me how it went… better yet post up a picture on the G Dude Fan Page
Big thanks to my neighbor, Peter for introducing me to a dish I’ll be making for the rest of my life!