- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brazilian Chicken Breast Salad Recipe
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound, skinned and boned (2 Whole, 1 Pound Each)|
|Green bell peppers||2 , seeded and cut julienne|
|Sweet red pepper||2 , seeded and cut julienne|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Hearts of palm||4 , cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|Banana||1 , peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Crushed dried chilies||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 533 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 131.5 mg
Sodium 401.1 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 55 g110.2%
Vitamin A 55.3% Vitamin C 259.4%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper in the chicken pieces.
3. Bake the pieces for 8-10 minutes or as required.
4. 3. Take care so the meat may not get overcooked.
5. Let the baked pieces be cool in room temperature and cut julienne.
6. Take a mixing bowl and combine chicken, peppers, hearts of palm, and banana.
7. Toss all the items together and then sprinkle salt and pepper on them.
8. In a blender, add together oil, juices, vinegar, chilies, cayenne, Tabasco, sugar, and salt.
9. Blend all the ingredients well.
10. Add the prepared dressing on the chicken pieces as per taste and discretion.
11. Toss the pieces for better coating.
12. get the dish chilled before serve.