- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brazil Nut Swedish Cookies Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brazil nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely-chopped|
|Brazil nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2929 Calories from Fat 1957
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 229 g352.3%
Saturated Fat 89.6 g448.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 427 mg142.3%
Sodium 883.9 mg36.8%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.4%
Sugars 57 g
Protein 68 g136.7%
Vitamin A 60.6% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 40.3% Iron 61.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat well till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the vanilla and egg yolk and beat well.
3) Combine and sift together the flour and salt.
4) Add into the creamed mix and blend well.
5) Shape into ¾-inch-diameter balls.
6) Coat with unbeaten egg white and lightly coat with Brazil nuts.
7) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
8) Place in the oven at 375° F and bake for about 15 minutes, or till delicately browned.
9) Take off from the baking sheet immediately.
10) Serve as a tea time snack.