- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brazil Nut Sugar Cookies Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Brazil nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4792 Calories from Fat 2464
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 284 g437.7%
Saturated Fat 139.4 g697%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 906.8 mg302.3%
Sodium 1056 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 505 g168.5%
Dietary Fiber 20.1 g80.4%
Sugars 205.8 g
Protein 72 g144.6%
Vitamin A 122.2% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 74.7% Iron 128.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat well till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the eggs and vanilla and blend well.
3) Combine and sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4) Add into the creamed mix and blend well.
5) Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
6) Lightly flour a board and roll out the dough to a 1/8 inch thickness.
7) Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut the dough.
8) In the center of each cookie, press in a Brazil nut slice.
9) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
10) Place in the oven at 350°F and bake for about 12 minutes.
11) Serve as a tea time snack.