- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bray's Lemonade Recipe
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cold water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Cup (48 tbs), strained|
|Cold water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Soda water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g0%
Saturated Fat 0 g0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 49.8 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.51 g2.1%
Sugars 69.5 g
Protein 0.48 g0.95%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 93.7%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 0.43%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare simple syrup in a bowl mixing sugar and 4 cups water in a saucepan.
2) Boil over high heat and stir with wooden spoon till sugar dissolves.
3) Boil for 5 minutes without stirring and take off from heat.
4) Cool and refrigerate in a covered container. It can be stored for 3 to 4 weeks.
5) In a large pitcher mix together 1 cup of the simple syrup, 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice and 3 cups water.
6) Mix and pour into ice cube trays. Chill.
7) In a thermos mix remaining 1 1/2 cups lemon juice, simple syrup and ice cubes. Pack in cooler and place in picnic basket.
8) In a portable container put soda water and the mint sprigs and put in the cooler.
9) Before serving mix 3 cups soda water and the contents of the thermos.
10) Pour into tall glasses.
11) Decorate each glass mint sprig and hand out straws.