- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bravo Corned Beef And Corn Bread Recipe
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn bread mix||10 Ounce|
|Corned beef||3⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Kidney beans||1 Pound|
|Stewed tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley sprigs||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 596 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.4 mg
Sodium 912.9 mg38%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.5%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 31 g62.7%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place egg and milk in bag of corn bread mix. Squeeze upper part of bag to force air out; close top of bag by holding tightly between thumb and index finger. Place bag on table; mix, working bag vigorously with fingers, for about 40 seconds or until egg is completely blended. Squeeze bag to empty batter into ungreased aluminum pan contained in package. Bake for about 20 minutes.
3. Brown corned beef in skillet in small amount of fat; drain off excess drippings.
4. Drain kidney beans; add to corned beef.
5. Add tomatoes, 1/4 cup water, salt, oregano and pepper; cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
6. Mix cornstarch with small amount of water; stir into corned beef mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
7. Cut corn bread into 6 pieces. Split each piece horizontally; toast. Place 2 pieces of corn bread on each serving plate; spoon corned beef mixture over corn bread.
8. Serve hot sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and garnished with parsley.