- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bratwurst Potato Chowder Recipe
|Dry scalloped potato mix||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Smoked bratwurst/1 can cubed luncheon meat||12 Ounce, sliced (1 Package)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.4%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94 mg31.3%
Sodium 793.9 mg33.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 26 g51.6%
Vitamin A 76.6% Vitamin C 12.3%
Calcium 31.9% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan combine together water and the potatoes from the scalloped potato mix; bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the frozen mixed vegetables and return to boiling.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or till potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Blend in 3 1/2 cups milk and the bratwurst or luncheon meat.
6. Combine the 1/2-cup milk, the flour, and the seasoning packet from the scalloped potato mix and stir into the saucepan mixture.
7. Cook for another 2 minutes or till the mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring continuously.
8. Arrange Bratwurst Potato Chowder into individual serving bowl and serve hot with toasted garlic bread.