- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brandy Snaps Recipe
|For the brandy snaps|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce, softened (25 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon, To Grease Baking Trays)|
|Caster sugar||2 1⁄2 Ounce (65 Gram)|
|Syrup||22 Milliliter (1 1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce, sifted (25 Gram)|
|Plain flour||4 Tablespoon (To Flour Hands)|
|Ground ginger||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|For the filling|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (275 Milliliter)|
|Crystallized ginger pieces||14|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.9 mg
Sodium 1.5 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.78%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 0.69 g1.4%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 0.2% Iron 0.42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Let the oven heat to 300°F (150°C/Gas 2) and grease 2 large baking trays.
2. Cream the fat, sugar and syrup together until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in the flour and ginger.
4. Using floured hands, roll the mixture into 14 small balls and on the prepared trays place well apart.
5. Leave plenty of room while placing them so that they spread while cooking so.
6. Let it bake for 10—12 minutes until rich brown.
7. Take out of the oven and leave to cool slightly.
8. Using a palette knife take out of the baking trays, and while still hot, wind them around the handles of wooden spoons, about 3—4 on each handle.
9. On a work surface or board let them set.
10. This takes about 5-10 minutes.
11. Once the snaps are set, slide them off the wooden spoons placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
12. Whip the cream until stiff placing in a piping bag.
13. Fill each brandy snap with cream and place a piece of crystallized ginger on one end of each snap to decorate.