- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brandy Barbecued Halibut Steaks Recipe
|Halibut steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Pieces)|
|California brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dill weed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Chili sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 297 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.6 mg
Sodium 280.6 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 36 g72.2%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 29.2%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the fish and pat dry.
2. In a small bowl, combine the brandy, lemon juice, dill weed and bayleaf and stir to mix.
3. In a shallow non-metallic dish, arrange the fish steaks in a single layer.
4. Scatter the onion and lemon slices over the fish.
5. Pour the marinade over them.
6. Cover dish and place in refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour
7. Prepare the barbecue grill.
8. Drain the fish from the marinade reserving it for basting the fish.
9. Into the marinade, stir the chili sauce and salt to taste.
10. Lightly oil grill grate
11. Arrange steaks, lemon and onion over them.
12. Brush with marinade.
13. Grill the steaks for 4-5 minutes per side, basting them with the marinade from time to time, until fish flakes easily.
14. Serve barbecued steaks immediately accompanied by a fresh green salad on the side.