- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brandied Cranberry Apricot Bars Recipe
|Raisins||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Golden or Dark)|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Snipped dried apricots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brandy/Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Powdered sugar||To Taste|
Calories 590 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.8%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.4 mg
Sodium 42.3 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 70.5 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In saucepan, combine raisins, cranberries, apricots, and brandy. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat. Let stand 20 minutes; drain.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
4. For crust: In medium mixing bowl, stir together 1 cup of the flour and 1/3 cup of the brown sugar.
5. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
6. Press into ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
7. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden.
8. Meanwhile, in medium mixing bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on low speed for 4 minutes.
9. Stir in remaining flour, remaining brown sugar, and vanilla until combined.
10. Stir in drained fruit and pecans.
11. Pour mixture over hot crust and spread evenly.
12. Continue to bake for about 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. If necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning.
13. Cool in pan on wire rack.
14. Before serving, sift powdered sugar over top and cut into bars.