- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brandied Cherry Sauce Recipe
|Canned dark sweet pitted cherries in heavy syrup||17 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1028 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.01 g0.02%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.01%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 19.2 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 224 g74.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42.1%
Sugars 189.6 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 0.1% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain cherries, reserving the syrup.
2. Remove ¼ cup of syrup and blend in corn starch. Set aside.
3. Add enough water to the remaining syrup to equal 1 1/4 cups.
4. In medium (1 ½ quart ) microwaveable bowl, combine syrup-water mixture, cherries and sugar
5. Place in the microwave and heat on HIGH power for about 6 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
6. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and continue to heat for another 6 minutes, stirring occasional, until sauce is thickened
7. Pour the sauce into a sauce boat or bowl.
8. Just before serving time, in a small bowl or cup, add the brandy.
9. Carefully pour brandy over cherry sauce and allow it to flambé.
10. Serve sauce over vanilla ice cream, dark chocolate cake or soufflé.