- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brandied Berry Bombe Recipe
|Granulated sugar||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Milk||1 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Brandy||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Raspberries/Loganberries||1⁄2 Pound (250 Grams)|
|Sugar||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
Calories 633 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.3%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.5 mg34.8%
Sodium 76.3 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 58.6 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 24.8%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the refrigerator to the coldest.
2) Place the basins or moulds in the freezer to chill.
3) In a bowl, whisk the egg yolk and sugar together.
4) Boil the milk and gradually whisk into the yolk mixture.
5) Return the mixture into the saucepan.
6) Cook by stirring, over a low heat until the mixture coats the back of the spoon.
7) Drizzle in the vanilla essence, combine well and allow chilling.
8) In a bowl, whisk the cream and fold into the custard mixture.
9) In a metal tray, pour the mixture and freeze for 1 hour to freeze partially.
10) In a chilled bowl, place the partially frozen mixture and whisk to smooth by adding brandy.
11) Use the chilled basins or moulds to pour the mixture.
12) Place inside the freezer until half set-€”about 1/2 hour.
13) Meanwhile, cook the raspberries or loganberries in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) water.
14) Press the berries through a sieve and allow cooling.
15) In a bowl, whisk the egg whites to stiff.
16) Add the castor sugar to whisk.
17) Gradually whisk fruit puree.
18) In a metal tray, pour the mixture and freeze until firm.
19) Remove one basin or mould at a time from the freezer, press the ice cream up the side with a metal spoon, leaving a hollow in the centre; smooth the ice cream then return the basin or mould to the freezer.
20) When the side becomes firm, then fill with the fruit mixture.
21) Cover with foil and replace in the freezer.
22) On a serving plate, invert the moulds and garnish with piped whipped cream and some raspberries, if desired.