- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bran Muffins Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||10 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Double acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 2⁄3 Tablespoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Unprocessed bran||3 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1236 Calories from Fat 429
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 427.6 mg
Sodium 2030 mg84.6%
Total Carbohydrates 190 g63.5%
Dietary Fiber 29 g116.1%
Sugars 39 g
Protein 53 g106.2%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 117.1% Iron 71.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven temperature to 400Â°F before baking.
2) Take a bowl and combine flour, baking powder, and salt in it using a fork and then keep it aside.
3) Take a medium bowl and beat eggs in it using a fork.
4) Pour in milk, oil, and honey.
5) Mix bran with the egg mixture and keep aside to soak for 1 to 2 minutes.
6) Add in flour mixture, stirring until just mixed (do not overmix).
7) Take eight 2 1/2-inch-diameter muffin pan cups and spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
8) Pour 1/8 of batter into each prepared cup. Else fill empty cups with water if a 12-cup muffin pan is used.
9) Bake the muffins in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until muffins are lightly browned.
10) Transfer them to wire rack to cool.
11) Serve immediately with the spread.