- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bran English Muffins Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Unprocessed bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Approximately)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2730 Calories from Fat 588
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.3%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.6 mg
Sodium 1573.5 mg65.6%
Total Carbohydrates 490 g163.2%
Dietary Fiber 56.7 g226.6%
Sugars 30 g
Protein 93 g185.6%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 44.9% Iron 168.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat the milk, water, and oil until very warm. Stir into the first mixture. Then beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the remaining whole wheat flour, the bran, and enough white flour to make a firm dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, or until elastic. Put in an oiled bowl, turning to oil top. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap, allowing the wrap to touch dough. Let rise in warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled.
4. Turn the dough out and punch down. Pat or roll to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with a floured 3-inch cutter. Put on a baking sheet or board and let rise for 25 to 30 minutes, or until light.
5. Lift the rounds with a pancake turner and put on a hot, lightly oiled griddle.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.