- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bran Delights Recipe
|Grated orange rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Bran flakes||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2498 Calories from Fat 877
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.1%
Saturated Fat 59.9 g299.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 454.9 mg
Sodium 2398 mg99.9%
Total Carbohydrates 386 g128.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g70.1%
Sugars 215.2 g
Protein 32 g63.1%
Vitamin A 100% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 84.7% Iron 163.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Put orange rind to butter and blend well until creamy.
3. Slowly add sugar and blend until frothy.
4. Put egg, milk and orange juice and stir well.
5. Sieve together flour, baking powder and salt; put it into creamed mixture and mix.
6. Add cereal and refrigerate the mixture for an hour.
7. On a lightly floured board, roll the dough to 1/8 inch thickness.
8. With a cookie cutter of 2 ½ inch, make the cookies.
9. Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes.
10. Serve in a dish.