- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braising Chuck Roast Recipe Video
|Chuck roast||1 Pound (Certified Angus Beef)|
|Ground pepper||2 Pinch|
|Carrots||1 Small, chop|
|Celery||1 Small, chop|
|Onion||1 Small, chop|
|Herb seasoning||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (thyme, bay leaf and peppercorn)|
|Tomato paste||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Bottle (0.5 l)|
|Beef stock||500 Milliliter|
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.2 mg20.4%
Sodium 1656.6 mg69%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 30 g60.8%
Vitamin A 59.3% Vitamin C 25.9%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needheavy bottom pan
1. Roughly chop the carrots, celery and onions, set aside.
2. Preheat heavy bottom pan on stove top at medium-high heat.
3. Season roast with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Preheat the oven to 175 degree F, while the vegetables are getting caramelized.
5. Add a thin layer of oil to pan until hot.
6. When the oil begins to smoke, add roast and sear on all sides.
7. Remove seared roast from pan, add carrots, celery, onion, and herb mixture to pan and allow vegetables to caramelize.
8. When vegetables have finished caramelizing, add tomato paste to pan and cook 2-3 minutes.
9. Deglaze pan with red wine for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add roast back to pan and submerge roast in beef stock.
11. Place pan in low oven.
12. Remove roast from oven once it is fork tender.
13. Serve the braised chuck roast with a glass of red wine.