- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Style Braised Lemon Chicken Legs With Artichoke Hearts Recipe Video
|Canned artichoke hearts||10 , cut in half|
|Peppers||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemons||2 , juiced|
|Hot pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Quart|
Calories 617 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 114.3 mg38.1%
Sodium 1316.7 mg54.9%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30%
Dietary Fiber 36.9 g147.5%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 52 g103.8%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 141.2%
Calcium 46.3% Iron 130.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
1) Place a dutch oven over high heat and add the olive oil.
2) Sear and brown the chicken.
3) Remove the chicken and in the same pan, add the onion and salt and pepper. Cook the onions for a few minutes till they are soft.
5) Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
6) Add the chicken stock and stir. Bring the mixture to a simmer and turn the heat off.
7) Add the lemon juice and put the chicken legs back in.
8) Add the artichokes and cherry peppers.
9) Add the fresh thyme.
10) Cover the dutch oven and put it in the oven.
11) Roast the ingredients in the preheated oven for 60 minutes.
12) Remove the dutch oven from the oven and uncover it. Let it sit for a minute or two.
13) Remove the chicken from the stock and vegetables. Set it aside.
14) Add the Italian butter beans and stir well.
15) Divide the chicken legs between serving plates and divide the vegetables and stock equally between the plates. Serve while still hot. Toasted bread makes a good accompaniment.