- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
BRAISED CHUCK STEAK WITH VEGETABLES Recipe
|Chuck steak||4 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Liquid gravy seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1133 Calories from Fat 677
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g117.3%
Saturated Fat 29 g145.1%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 300 mg
Sodium 1823.1 mg76%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 75 g149.7%
Vitamin A 205.2% Vitamin C 49.5%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wipe steak with damp paper towels.
2. Roll it in 2 tablespoons of flour so that it coats evenly on both sides.
3. Slowly heat large, heavy skillet or Dutch oven.
4. Add shortening and heat it.
5. Add steak and brown it well on both sides taking 15 to 20 minutes in all. Turn sides with tongs.
6. Add salt, pepper, ginger, onion, celery, and 1 cup water. Bring it to a boil.
7. Reduce flame. Cover and let it simmer for 1 ½ hours or until meat is fork-tender.
8. Add gravy seasoning, carrots, and rutabaga. Bring it to a boil.
9. Reduce flame. Cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
10. Arrange steak and vegetables in a heated platter. Keep it warm.
11. In a bowl, pour pan liquid. Skim off fat from surface and measure liquid.
12. For each cup liquid, combine 2 tablespoons flour and 1/4 cup water. Stir to make a smooth paste and then stir it into liquid to combine well.
13. Return to skillet. Bring it to a boil.
14. Reduce flame. Simmer for 2 minutes.
15. Pour it over the steak.
16. Serve Braised Chuck Steak With Vegetables with noodles.