- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Carrots Recipe
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), pared|
Calories 35 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.3%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 191.2 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 0.42 g0.84%
Vitamin A 143.8% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 0.72%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Arrange all the ingredients.
2) In medium skillet, heat butter or margarine and cook carrots, stirring, 1 minute.
3) Stir in 2 tablespoons water and the salt; cook tightly covered, over low heat for 7-8 minutes or until carrots are fork-tender.
4) Stir once the carrots in between to prevent sticking.
5) Serve carrots either as appetizer or side dish.