- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tarragon Chicken With Rosemary Carrots Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||1 , cut into 8 pieces|
|Fresh tarragon||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shallots||3 , minced|
|Carrots||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4430 Calories from Fat 2918
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 325 g500.7%
Saturated Fat 91.2 g456.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1203.4 mg401.1%
Sodium 2621.1 mg109.2%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.5%
Sugars 26.6 g
Protein 289 g578.8%
Vitamin A 437.5% Vitamin C 197%
Calcium 52.1% Iron 116.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season the chicken pieces with salt, freshly ground pepper and chopped fresh tarragon. Let it sit for a while.
2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet, until the butter melts down. Add the seasoned chicken skin-side down to the skillet and cook them for 4-5 minutes for every side until they are nice and brown. You will need to flip over the chicken pieces for couple of times.
3. When the chicken pieces are done, move them on one side of the skillet. To the warm oil add minced shallots and cook for couple of minutes more until they get some color.
4. Now add the brandy, dijon mustard and the liquid to the skillet. Whisk the mustard into the liquid and put back the chicken pieces evenly into the sauce with skin-side up position. Spoon little bit of the liquid over the chicken, to get a nice flavor. Sprinkle the remaining tarragon over the chicken.
5. Preheat the oven to 400F and put the chicken preparation inside the oven for about 40-45 minutes. When the chicken is ready, the juice will run clear out of it.
Pan Braised Carrots with Rosemary:
1. Remove the plant part of the carrots by keeping part of the stem. Peel the carrots and wash them thoroughly to clean the dirt.
2. On a heated skillet over the stove pour the olive oil and butter to melt. Put the carrots in the skillet and cook for about 8 minutes until they are done on one side. Flip over the carrots for cooking the other side.
3. When the carrots turn nice golden brown, add the water, orange juice and chopped rosemary to the carrots. Reduce the heat to simmer and cover the skillet with a lid or foil to boil for another 10 minutes or so until the carrots become soft and tender.
Serve the tarragon chicken on a platter with the braised carrots on the side.