- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Swiss Steak Recipe
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use Packaged Type)|
|Round steak||2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, undrained (1 Can)|
|Onions||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1052 Calories from Fat 453
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g77.8%
Saturated Fat 22.8 g113.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216.3 mg
Sodium 2648.4 mg110.3%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.6%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 103 g206.5%
Vitamin A 40.8% Vitamin C 63.9%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 45.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Trim fat from steak; wipe meat with damp cloth.
3. Sprinkle one side with half of crumb mixture; pound into steak, using rim of saucer. Repeat on other side.
4. Brush both sides with butter; place under broiler, turning once, until browned on both sides.
5. Meanwhile, in Dutch oven or heavy skillet with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients.
6. Add steak; simmer, covered, 2 hours, or until meat is tender.