- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Stuffed Breast Of Veal Recipe
|Boneless veal breast||2 1⁄4 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Crumbled basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sausage meat||1⁄2 Pound (From A 1 Pound Package)|
|Grated carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs) (3 Large Carrots)|
|Sliced celery||16 Cup (256 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Canned chicken broth||14 Ounce (1 Can, Catelli)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 599 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.9%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 153.4 mg
Sodium 896.1 mg37.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.9%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 41 g81%
Vitamin A 39.8% Vitamin C 32.7%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a large board, place the breast of the veal flat and sprinkle salt, pepper, parsley and basil.
2. In a small bowl, combine sausage meats with grated carrots.
3. Spread the sausage and carrot mixture on top of the veal evenly. Roll up veal from short end, jelly-roll fashion. Tie crosswise with heavy string at 1 1/2-inch intervals.
4. In a Dutch oven, add butter or margarine and brown the meat adding celery and onion. Sautee for 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours until meat is tender.
5. Once the meat is done, return to the carving board, by draining the pan juices through a sieve( make sure to press the vegetables to drain all the juices).
6. Pour the drained liquid into a 2 cup measure, add water to make 1 % cups.
7. In a 1 cup measure, add flour and 6 tablespoons of water and blend until smooth.
8. Bring the drained pan juices mixture back to the heat, adding the flour-water mixture. Cook until the sauce thickens and bubbles. Reserve
9. Gently remove the string from the veal and cut into thin slices.
10. Serve veal on a dish along with the vegetable sauce.
11. Serve steaming rice or bread with the dish