- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Potatoes Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Fingerling and baby potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Shallot||100 Gram, peeled (6 small)|
|Rosemary||15 Gram (2-3 sprigs +leaves for garnish)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Low salt chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 307 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 89 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. Place a large ovenproof pan on medium low flame and heat oil and butter in it.
3. Add onion, and cook for about 15 minutes or until soft.
4. Drop potatoes, shallots, and half the rosemary sprig.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Turn the heat to medium high, and cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown.
7. Remove pan from heat. Throw remaining rosemary sprig and chicken stock in it.
8. Cover the pan with lid.
9. Pop it in oven, and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are nice and tender.
10. Remove the lid, and cook for additional 20 minutes or until liquid reduces.
11. Garnish potatoes with rosemary leaves and serve hot.
The cooking time depends on the size of potatoes.