- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Pork Spare Ribs Recipe
|Pork spareribs||1 1⁄4 Pound (450 - 550 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned oil||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Spring onion||3 , cut into short sections|
|Hot green chili/Hot red chili||2 Small, cut into small bits|
|Black bean sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Stock/Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, seeded and cored, cut into small cubes|
Calories 1018 Calories from Fat 912
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.1%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.5 mg24.5%
Sodium 374.9 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 17 g34.4%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 43.1%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the ribs remove excess fat, then chop each individual rib into 3-4 bite-size pieces
2. In a bowl mix sugar, soy sauces, wine and cornflour.
3. Marinate the rib pieces in the mixture for at least 1 hour.
4. In a pan heat the oil until hot, deep-fry the ribs for about 1-2 minutes until golden brown, remove and drain.
5. Pour off the excess oil, leaving about 2 teaspoons in the wok, stir-fry the garlic, spring onions, chillies and black bean sauce for about 30-40 seconds.
6. Add the spare-ribs, blend well, add the stock or water with the marinade and bring to the boil.
7. Reduce the heat and braise under cover for 8-10 minutes, stirring once or twice and adding a little more stock or water if necessary.
8. Uncover and add the green pepper, increase the heat to high again and stir-braise for 1 more minute to reduce the sauce.
9. Serve Braised Pork Spare Ribs hot with its cooked juices.