- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Oxtails Recipe
|Oxtails||2 , cut at joints|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato juice/Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Boiling)|
|Onions||8 Small, peeled|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled, diced|
|Cooked noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1733 Calories from Fat 685
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g117.9%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89 mg
Sodium 158.1 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 177 g354.2%
Vitamin A 76.2% Vitamin C 69.6%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, sear the oxtails in the butter or margarine, until brown.
2) Sprinkle with the salt and paprika to taste.
3) Stir in the boiling tomato juice or beef broth, then
allow the mixture to cool.
4) In a slow cooker, add the oxtail mixture, then stir in the onions, celery and carrots.
5) Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
6) When cooked, skim off the excess fat.
7) Serve immediately over cooked noodles on individual serving plates.