- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Orange Duck Recipe
|Duck portions||4 , trimmed|
|Onion||1 , peeled and sliced|
|White stock/Water and 1/2 chicken stock cube||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Oranges||2 , rind thinly removed and cut into thin strips|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Oranges||2 , juiced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Beurre manie||1 (Made With 25 Gram Butter Mixed With 1 X 15 Milliliter Spoon Flour)|
|Orange slice||4 (For Garnish)|
|Watercress||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
Calories 539 Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 22 g109.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.2 mg
Sodium 477.1 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 20 g39.5%
Vitamin A 31.3% Vitamin C 135.4%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With afork, prick the duck portions from all over.
2) In the cooker, heat the butter.
3) Place the duck in hot butter and brown on both sides.
4) Add the onion and cook until transparent.
5) Take out the duck and onion and drain well.
6) Drain off excess fat from the cooker.
7) Stir in the stock or water and stock cube with the orange rind, brown sugar and onion, mix well to remove any residues from the base of the cooker.
8) With rim side down , add the trivet, and stand the duck pieces on top.
9) Cover with the orange juice and a little salt and pepper.
10) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
11) Reduce the pressure quickly.
12) In a warm serving dish, transfer the duck and keep hot.
13) Remove the trivet, skim the liquid of any fat and return to the heat.
14) To the sauce, add the beurre manie, in small pieces and stir constantly.
15) Simmer until the sauce thickens.
16) Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning.
17) Pour some of the sauce over duck, garnish with the orange slices and a little watercress and serve.
18) Serve the remaining sauce on side of duck.