- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Lamb Shanks with Vegetables Recipe
|Chopped garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (Or Cut)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned beer/Canned ale||12 Ounce (1 Bottle Or Can)|
|Pared carrots||8 , quartered|
|Whole white onions||8 Small, peeled|
|Potatoes||4 , peeled, cut into chunks|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4825 Calories from Fat 2085
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 232 g357.4%
Saturated Fat 82 g409.9%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 911.2 mg
Sodium 6434.5 mg268.1%
Total Carbohydrates 379 g126.2%
Dietary Fiber 53.6 g214.3%
Sugars 109.1 g
Protein 294 g587.8%
Vitamin A 1653.6% Vitamin C 495.6%
Calcium 68.7% Iron 198.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim any extra fat from lamb shanks.
2) Thoroughly rub cut garlic clove over the meat.
3) Combine flour, salt and pepper for coating the shanks evenly.
4) In a Dutch oven or heavy kettle, heat oil.
5) Place shanks and brown well on all sides, about 15 to 20 minutes.
6) Place sliced onion, catsup and beer.
7) Cover with a lid and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until lamb is almost tender.
8) Add vegetables and cook about 30 minutes longer until meat and vegetables are done.
9) Serve the shanks by garnishing with fresh herbs.